Thursday, November 3, 2011

The Blood Runs Hot

I know the hour is late, but I felt as if I needed to speak of this. I lost control today, lost control of my temper and let the beast take me again. I traveled through the Barrens on an errand and came upon two Humans attempting to kill a Lone Tauren ranger. I do not know what preceded this, or even the Tauren's Name, only that something inside me snapped...something I have long tried to suppress..the claws came out before I had even a chance to contemplate my actions. When I next came to my senses I lay among the broken and torn bodies of the Humans...I had been...feeding on them. I looked to the Tauren who stood trembling, I saw her look...fear..revulsion at me...me her savior, some savior. I could not bear her look a moment more so I ran to the sea and plunged myself into it to wash the gore from my body, or perhaps from my soul I do not know which. I do know I can not...will not become that...creature again, my claws have swam in seas of blood and some nights I wash my hands till they are raw...but I can not get the stain off them. If anything is to be left of the man you once loved, I ask your help..lend me your strength to keep from becoming the beast that even now lives in my blood. I can feel his hot breath on my neck, his claws dance along my flesh and when I look into the water it is his eyes I see reflected back at me.

No comments:

Post a Comment